StrongSuits Certified Facilitator Training, London, 21-22 March 2024
The StrongSuits 2-Day Certified Facilitator Training is designed to address the most pressing questions in team coaching today:
- How do I build team trust and psychological safety in a fun, accessible way?
- How do I transform the way team members interact with each other?
- How do I nurture empathy, compassion and kindness in my team?
- How do I navigate conflict when it arises?
- How do I support the team in bringing out the best of everyone’s strengths?
What is StrongSuits?
StrongSuits is a powerful strengths-based approach to building stronger teams which uses playing cards and games to get teams having fun and feeling energised while generating high-impact conversations about how people behave and how they can develop.
StrongSuits is based on 4 major insights from modern psychology:
- People perform at their best when they play to their strengths
- Diversity makes teams stronger
- People interact and communicate in different ways
- Our limitations hold the keys to our strengths
StrongSuits revolutionises team coaching, one-to-ones and wider performance development across the whole organisation. It is highly accessible and adaptable and can be tailored to suit your team or organisation’s needs ranging from a 1-hour slot at a team retrospective or staff conference all the way up to a multi-layered people development programme across the whole organisation.
This training is intended for
- Team Coaches, Facilitators, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and those in similar roles who want to build stronger teams
- Leaders in HR, Talent, Culture, L&D, OD, DEIB and those in similar roles who want to develop a more engaged, inclusive workforce
- Career and Business Coaches who want to support their clients to play to their strengths and to communicate more effectively
- Entrepreneurs who want to recruit a diverse team of talent as they grow
- Career Changers and Personal Development Enthusiasts who want to play to their strengths and transform their limitations into opportunities for growth
- Universities and Academic Institutions who want to foster greater teamwork on projects and assignments
- Organisational Change Agents who want to understand how each team responds to and contributes to the change
- Inter-personal Mediators who want to facilitate a safe and non-intrusive way of resolving conflicts that is both appreciative and improvement-oriented
Structure of the Training
The training is spread over 2 days, each with a distinct focus:
On Day 1 you will experience the best of the StrongSuits Team Strengths and Team Insights workshops as a participant in the group. This will allow you to experience the power of StrongSuits as a group or team member. You will experience theory and practice in small chunks, reflect on inspiring stories, work through fun games and exercises and focused group discussions.
On Day 2 we will dive into facilitation practice for each topic and you will gain hands-on practice by facilitating games yourself and exchanging feedback with each other. The goal is to give you the confidence and provide you with everything you need to get started right away using StrongSuits to build stronger teams and in one-to-one coaching.
- The Big Ideas – StrongSuits is based on the most current insights from modern psychology about what makes teams work and what limits them
- Your Winning Hand Game – You will identify your own strengths and develop an appreciation of the group’s strengths
- Your Opposite Number Game – You’ll develop an appreciation of the cognitive diversity in the group and how this contributes to team performance
- Your StrongSuit Game – You’ll identify how you and others prefer to interact, how you deal with conflict and how you handle responsibility
- Your Shadow StrongSuit Game – You’ll identify how your interaction style changes under negative conditions
- The StrongSuits Team Strengths Map™ – You’ll map how you behave as a team under positive and negative conditions and explore how you can develop.
- Overplayed Strengths – You’ll understand how strengths can become limitations when they are overplayed
- Transforming Allergies – You’ll identify what qualities in others you might be allergic to and a simple yet powerful tool to transform those allergies
- Transforming Overplayed Strengths – You’ll learn a simple way of identifying and transforming self-limiting overplayed strengths
- At Your Best.. and Even Better If.. – You’ll learn a powerful technique to appreciate each other’s strengths and to give and receive constructive feedback on areas for growth
- Your Point of Breakthrough – You’ll identify the difference that makes the difference and the change that you’re committed to working on
What you will receive
- 2 packs of the StrongSuits Team Insights™ Foundation cards
- The StrongSuits Facilitator Manual containing
- Class slides
- Class worksheets, detailed instructions and facilitation guides for all games and exercises
- A StrongSuits Team Strengths™ workshop template
- Detailed notes on how to use StrongSuits in coaching to support individuals
- Detailed notes on the research behind the StrongSuits multi-layered meta model of human personality in the workplace
- Post-course digital downloads
- Access to an exclusive online community of StrongSuits Certified Facilitators
- A shiny certificate from StrongSuits in both physical and digital format
- You will also have the option to apply to become a Licensed StrongSuits Trainer to deliver StrongSuits worldwide!
About your trainer
Ryan is the CEO of StrongSuits and is one of the early pioneers, having learned StrongSuits under the mentorship of its founder and original creator, Dave Corbet.
As a team coach and ways-of-working facilitator in the software industry for over a decade, Ryan has obtained over a dozen coaching and facilitation certifications and has encountered hundreds of tools. It was only when he met Dave on a 5-day trek along the Cape Wrath Trail in the Scottish Highlands in 2015 (there are a lot more synchronicities to this story, but you will have to wait until the training to hear the whole story!) that Ryan discovered to his sheer delight how StrongSuits brings together the best of modern team development under one comprehensive toolset.
Ryan has trained or coached over a thousand managers, coaches and facilitators over more than a decade. Prior to that he was a software developer and senior project manager in multi-national consulting firms. He is the founder of Systemic Agility, an organisation and community dedicated to transforming teams and organisations through systemic coaching and facilitation.
Ryan is a graduate of the Warwick Business School MBA and is an author, co-author and ICAgile-authorised instructor of no less than four industry-leading training courses in Team Agility Coaching, Team Agility Facilitation, Enterprise Agility Foundations and Coaching Enterprise Agility and Transformation.
Book your place today!
Click the button below to reach the secure order page on Eventbrite
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a limit to the class size?
Yes. The class size is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
What are the dates and times?
Day 1: Thursday 21 March 2024 from 9:30am to 5:30pm
Day 2: Friday 22 March 2024 from 9am to 5pm
Where is it?
The Wesley Hotel and Conference Centre, 81-103 Euston Street London NW1 2EZ, London, United Kingdom
The Wesley is only 5 mins walk from London Euston Station or 10 mins walk from London King’s Cross / St. Pancras Station.
Are there any further dates planned?
Yes, if you miss this one the next Certified Facilitator Training runs 12-13 September in London, UK.
Any further questions?
Please email the trainer Ryan Behrman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org